Sunday, September 16, 2007

Introduction

Bonjour ma famille et mes amies! I’m sure none of you thought you’d hear from me for a while, let alone find out that I started a BLOG (me neither). Well, one of the many girls in the two SIT (School for International Training) groups here in Geneva, Switzerland, was telling me about how she started a blog while backpacking through Europe before the semester and all of her friends and family go on and comment and ask about different parts of her adventure. Since she seems fairly centered and free of any myspace or facebook addictions, I concluded that the blog world might just be safe enough to enter.

This blog is named “Les Aventures de Maxmax” after the famous Tintin comic series (kind of corny). My home stay mom, Anita, thought that reading some of their many Tintin comics would be a fun way to practice my French. Unfortunately, at the moment, even a children’s comic seems to be too difficult for me. My intentions for creating this blog, if you can’t guess, is to keep all of you informed as to what I’m up to/let you know I’m alive during my next year I’m abroad in Switzerland, Uganda, and potentially much more.

4 comments:

Yoka said...

Max,
Quite a solid blog experience for me, and let me add that it was my first blog outing. I have heard many youngsters talk about these "blogs" and now i finally feel hip... thank you. Keep me updated, have a beer for me, or two, or three,,,or,,, well you get the idea. Have fun. Look forward to seeing you again.

Yoka
p.s. my africa account - $750 (hopefully working on the funny farm will double that!)

Mom said...

Hi Josh...It was wonderful, what a great way for all of us to share your Swiss adventure! We live vicariously through you. Every two weeks is fine, but then I will bug you for a blog update. I will print it out for Coco...I know she will love it! Thanks honey, i know you are very busy (avoiding that 10 page paper)...have fun this week in Bern...
Love you so much,
MOM XXXOOOXXX

Dad said...

Max,
I will treasure your words. I feel more connected thanks to the blog and the pictures.

I spent the weekend at the pottery and your drum is bisqued. I intend to wait for you to glaze it in January. Yes? Or do you want me to choose a glaze and fire it the weekend.

Enjoy you journey. I love you. Dad

Alexis said...

No wonder you didn't want to re-tell that whole story, but i did thoroughly enjoy it. Everything sounds wonderful. Send the Swiss my love and I'm glad you are still repping that headband. I miss it but I'm glad it is going to good use and travelling the world. Keep your ears alert, your eyes peeled and you heart open. Happy travels. Miss you a lot.

Alexis

p.s will you send me your address?